In mid-December, we announced our plans to migrate the JustBet application from Tron to Ethereum and use Matic layer-2 plasma network for a better development environment and a far smoother user experience. We would like to provide you further updates on the migration process, and what additional changes we will be implementing as we move onto the Matic network.
Our Latest Updates and Plans
First and foremost, as we previously discussed, by running on layer-2 on Matic, we will have a far more scalable network to support. We will also have a far more stable and advanced development environment which will accelerate both game development and also increase the network speed for transaction verifications and in-game play. This is critical as we expand our games development to multi-player games and attract a much larger audience of users who hold and wish to play with coins such as Ethereum or wrapped Bitcoin.
The following are a few key points about the migration process we are undertaking and what we are working on:
- Reducing transaction fees: by changing to Matic we are re-factoring the entire way fees are calculated to provide greater benefits to our user base. The previous environment required transaction fees between every smart contract and function that was called which were passed on to the users. This wasn’t the ideal or desired outcome and we recognized this needed to change. We are therefore re-factoring the entire build so that all gameplay and WINR minting will now be paid directly out of the house reserves and not charged per user/transaction.
- Withdrawal and deposit fees: Any costs associated with depositing or withdrawing any coins to the platform will remain as a cost to the user. This aspect of the system is not changing and remains in line with how blockchain projects function
- Masking of tokens as a function of playing: As a part of the process to participate in our platform on Matic, there will be a simple masking process where tokens such as Ethereum that are used for gameplay will first need to be masked to be used on the Matic network. This is a very simple process that will be fully transparent to users when they redeploy of JustBet is complete. “Depositing” will mask the tokens to run on Matic, and “withdrawal” of any profits or funds will follow an un-masking process before sending them back to your Ethereum wallet.
- A New Funds Balance Page: We will be adding a new wallet and balance page that will display all of your balances. This will include showing previous transactions. The page will have functions to allow users to deposit and withdraw their tokens from the main Ethereum network to the Matic chain (through the masking function described above). Users will be able to login to the platform with MetaMask. (in the future we will be looking at other wallets to include for integration).
- UX/UI improvements: We are improving the UX in general, to provide a better understanding of how the platform works, especially with new features.
- Gameplay with ERC-20 and Wrapped tokens: The platform was originally designed to enable multi-tokens to be used. By shifting over to the ERC-20 network, we will be able to offer a far greater number of tokens for gameplay from Ethereum to wrapped BTC (wBTC), USDT (and other stable coins), and of course Matic tokens as well.
Unstaking and migrating your WINR tokens. What do you need to do?
We request that all users immediately unstake their WINR tokens and withdraw them to their TronLink wallets. On Wednesday, 6th of January, 2021, we will be freezing the platform interface, and only keep the staking page up for users to unstake their tokens. All other aspects of the system will be taken offline for the migration process.
Once the migration is complete, we will be providing a migration page where you will be able to convert your WINR tokens from the Tron network to ERC-20 on the Ethereum network. The process will be very simple.
- You will be provided a page to provide your Ethereum wallet address
- You will send your WINR tokens to a Tron address which will serve as a bridge for the transaction
- You will then be automatically sent ERC-20 WINR tokens on a 1 to 1 basis which will be sent to your Ethereum wallet address that you provided in step 1.
This migration process will last indefinitely. We will still keep the staking page on the Tron network open even after migration, so users that were unable to withdraw their tokens before we migrate can always withdraw and get their ERC20 WINR tokens at a later stage.
We will continue to keep you updated and will be releasing further details on the migration process, new features, and new games being developed.
Additionally, we will be creating a liquidity mining program for the Uniswap liquidity pool with details to follow as we near migration completion.
JustBet is the first-ever fully decentralized gaming and casino platform built and fully running on smart contracts. It is a fully autonomous platform that operates a self-running house to cover gaming wins/losses and pays out 80% of all profits to users who stake the JustBet native WINR tokens. JustBet is expanding its development efforts by running on the Matic Network to increase the efficiency, speed, and gaming experience for its users.
Follow us on: